More stuff

Tuesday 5 May 2015

OK so it's been a year and a bit ....

I hereby charge myself with wilful neglect of a blog.

Guilty, M'Lud.

The problem has been mainly one of time, namely trying to do a fairly full time (yet unpaid) volunteer job at the same time as childrearing a pre-schooler and a junior who gets a steady stream of bizarre homework, plus attempting to keep my household management just above the threshold where I get shamed by a TV program.

The other problem has been Instagram.

IG, home of instant gratification, clicking the little heart when something nice whizzes past the screen as I scroll through at light speed.  It is just so quick.  And colourful.  And fun!

I was considering totally abandoning my blog as I'm not sure about the future of blogging for the casual and slightly lazy crafter.  I see some people essentially make a career out of it but I can see they work very hard to maintain that.  I am never going to be sufficiently prolific at making stuff to blog about to have a proper serious blog.

However, occasionally there is something that I get sufficiently excited about that I want to blog about it.  Currently I am very excited about a new QAL that I saw on IG (obviously) but which I might try to blog about, and then you can have a sweepstake on how embarrassingly quickly I fall behind.

My Small World QAL

Ketty at VeryKerryBerry is co-hosting the "My Small World" QAL - namely this wonderfully whimsical quilt from the fantastically named Quiltmania magazine.  This pattern is from the Spring 2015 Special Edition of Quiltmania - the front cover looks like this:
Kerry has made a list of stockists in her Small World QAL post here.

I have a very poor track record for keeping up with QALs - I still haven't finished my Pervalong quilt from Autumn 2012 (oops) although I have recently made significant progress on it which I will post soon.

Anyway, apologies for the serious hiatus in this service and let's see if this QAL can kick-start my SewJo in 2015!

x

3 comments:

  1. I do hope you keep up with the blog Gertie, I know it can be time consuming but I like the detail that you can get in a blog post that is so lacking in the instant world of IG!

    Good luck with the QAL, I shall look forward to seeing your progress wherever you decide to post it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back. I haven't got into IG but I spend waaay too much time on Pinterest! Good luck with the GAL xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Guilty here too. I'm off to find you on Instagram now, if you see @dittanym following you that is me!

    ReplyDelete